Preventative WellcareAt Heritage Animal Hospital, we want to help you keep your pet healthy. We pride ourselves on being an advocate on your pet’s behalf, and we strive to educate you so that together we can make decisions that help provide the best care for your furry friend.
Some of the preventative wellcare that we provide includes:
- Yearly to semi-annual examinations to catch changes and signs of diseases early
- Bloodwork - Annual health screens help us monitor for changes in liver or kidney values, look for anemia, signs of infection, and look for heartworm disease.
- Vaccines tailored to your pet’s specific lifestyle
- Core vaccinations include rabies and distemper for dogs, cats, and ferrets.
- Lifestyle dependent vaccines include:
- Dogs: Bordetella (kennel cough), Lyme, Leptospirosis
- Cats: Feline Leukemia
- Safe and effective heartworm, flea, and tick preventatives, as well as intestinal parasite control
- Stool analysis to look for signs of intestinal parasites
- Teaching you to perform home dental care, nail trims, and ear cleaning
- Discussing husbandry, diet and weight management, and training